What are the new features in SQL Server 2016 when compared to SQL Server 2014?
What’s new in SQL Server 2016 summary
- OLTP with increased performance, scalability and high availability.
- Enhanced data security with Always Encrypted.
- Mobile Business intelligence.
- Advanced analytics with R Services.
- Consistency between your database servers and your database as a service (Azure)
Which of the following is a feature of SQL Server 2014 *?
The main features in SQL Server 2014 were the integration to Azure and Memory Optimized Tables. You can for example migrate your Database on-premises to a Virtual Machine in Azure. It is possible to migrate a database backup to Azure. Your Data files can be stored in Azure.
What is the difference between SQL Server 2014 and 2016?
Microsoft just provided a new version in 2014 of SQL Server and then another version in 2016. … But with the 2016 version there were additional changes to the SQL Server engine which made its processing better integrated with current technology so that it provides far faster processing of database functions.
What is the latest version of SQL Server 2014?
SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 2 (SP2) and cumulative update (CU) builds
|Cumulative update name||Build version||Release day|
|SQL Server 2014 SP2 CU3||12.0.5538.0||December 19, 2016|
|SQL Server 2014 SP2 CU2||12.0.5522.0||October 17, 2016|
|SQL Server 2014 SP2 CU1||12.0.5511.0||August 25, 2016|
|SQL Server 2014 SP2||12.0.5000.0||July 11, 2016|
What are new features in SQL Server 2016?
10 New Features Worth Exploring in SQL Server 2016
- Always Encrypted. With the Always Encrypted feature enabled your SQL Server data will always be encrypted within SQL Server. …
- Dynamic Data Masking. …
- JSON Support. …
- Multiple TempDB Database Files. …
- PolyBase. …
- Query Store. …
- Row Level Security. …
- R Comes to SQL Server.
What are the new features in SQL Server 2012?
SQL Server 2012 New Features and Enhancements
- Hadoop Integration. Hadoop integration allows organizations to move data back and forth from Hadoop to SQL Server. …
- Distributed Replay. …
- Enhanced PowerShell Support. …
- User Defined Server Roles. …
- Master Data Services. …
- Power View. …
- Contained Databases. …
- Columnstore indexes.
What are the new features in SQL Server 2017?
The changes introduced in SQL Server 2017 discussed here include the following features:
- SQL Server on Linux.
- Resumable online index rebuild.
- SQL Server machine learning services.
- Query processing improvements.
- Automatic database tuning.
- TempDB file size improvements.
- Smart differential backup.
- Smart transaction log backup.
What are the new features in SQL Server 2019?
Additional New Features in SQL Server 2019
- Support to Persistent Memory (PMEM) Devices.
- Columnstore Index Enhancements.
- Resumable Online Index Creation.
- Up to Five Synchronous Replica Pairs for Availability Groups.
- Enable High Availability Configurations for SQL Server Running in Containers.
Which of the following is a global variable for error handling?
|Que.||Which of the following is a global variable for error handling?|
|d.||None of the mentioned|
SQL Server 2016 Database Engine: New Features and Enhancements
- Stretch Database. …
- Basic Availability Groups. …
- Distributed Availability Groups. …
- Query Store. …
- Live Query Statistics. …
- In-Memory OLTP. …
- Changes in SQL Server Tools. …
- Changes to TempDB.
What’s new in SQL?
x) introduces Big Data Clusters for SQL Server. It also provides additional capability and improvements for the SQL Server database engine, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Machine Learning Services, SQL Server on Linux, and SQL Server Master Data Services.
What is the latest version of SQL Server?
The current version is Microsoft SQL Server 2019, released November 4, 2019. The RTM version is 15.0. 2000.5.
What is SQL Express 2014?
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express is a powerful and reliable free data management system that delivers a rich and reliable data store for lightweight Web Sites and desktop applications. Note: There are multiple files available for this download.
Is SQL 2014 still supported?
SQL Server 2014 reached its end of life on 9 July 2019 and its extended support will end on 9 July 2024.
How do I update SQL Server 2014?
Click on “Upgrade” to begin the upgrade of the SQL Server 2014 components. The upgrade progress bar tracks the status of the upgrade. Upon completion of the installation, click on “Close” to exit the Upgrade to SQL Server 2014 application. The SQL Server Installation Center can now be closed.