The java. sql. ResultSet interface represents the result set of a database query. A ResultSet object maintains a cursor that points to the current row in the result set. The term “result set” refers to the row and column data contained in a ResultSet object.
What are types of ResultSet?
There are 3 basic types of ResultSet.
- Forward-only. As name suggest, this type can only move forward and are non-scrollable.
- Scroll-insensitive. This type is scrollable which means the cursor can move in any direction. …
- Scroll-sensitive. …
- Forward-only. …
- Scroll-insensitive. …
What are the type of ResultSet in JDBC?
Based on the concurrency there are two types of ResultSet object. CONCUR_READ_ONLY: The ResultSet is read-only, this is the default concurrency type. CONCUR_UPDATABLE: We can use the ResultSet update method to update the rows data.
How do you create a ResultSet in Java?
JDBC ResultSet and Generic Class List Using Java Reflection Annotations
- Create a custom annotation.
- Create a Model class, which contains mapping fields to the ResultSet column names with the created annotation.
- Call the ResultSet.
- Load the ResultSet for each value into the object.
- Check for the Primitive type.
What are the methods of ResultSet in Java?
Commonly used methods of ResultSet interface
- public boolean next(): …
- public boolean previous(): …
- public boolean first(): …
- public boolean last(): …
- public boolean absolute(int row): …
- public boolean relative(int row): …
- public int getInt(int columnIndex): …
- public int getInt(String columnName):
What is scrollable ResultSet in Java?
A scrollable ResultSet is one which allows us to retrieve the data in forward direction as well as backward direction but no updations are allowed.
Can ResultSet be null in Java?
No, ResultSet returned by executeQuery(java. lang. String) method can never be null. Moreover, the standard way to check whether a ResultSet is empty or not is to try setting its cursor to first row by using its first() and if it returns false it indicates that ResultSet is empty.
What JDBC means?
The Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) API provides universal data access from the Java programming language.
What is connection class in Java?
A Connection is the session between java application and database. The Connection interface is a factory of Statement, PreparedStatement, and DatabaseMetaData i.e. object of Connection can be used to get the object of Statement and DatabaseMetaData.
How do you read ResultSet?
To read data using the ResultSet ‘s methods (e.g. getString() , getInt() , getFloat() , etc) we can either use the column name, or the column index of the field read in the SQL statement.
How can I get ResultSet size?
Simply iterate on ResultSet object and increment rowCount to obtain size of ResultSet object in java. rowCount = rs. getRow();
How do you set values in ResultSet?
- Call the ResultSet. moveToInsertRow method to create the row that you want to insert. The row is created in a buffer outside the ResultSet. …
- Call ResultSet. updateXXX methods to assign values to the row that you want to insert. …
- Call ResultSet. insertRow to insert the row into the ResultSet.
What is the purpose of ResultSet object?
A ResultSet is a Java object that contains the results of executing an SQL query. In other words, it contains the rows that satisfy the conditions of the query. The data stored in a ResultSet object is retrieved through a set of get methods that allows access to the various columns of the current row.
What is ResultSet next?
Interface ResultSet. … The next method moves the cursor to the next row, and because it returns false when there are no more rows in the ResultSet object, it can be used in a while loop to iterate through the result set. A default ResultSet object is not updatable and has a cursor that moves forward only.
What is the difference between ResultSet and RowSet?
rowset. RowSet is a wrapper around a ResultSet which makes it possible to use the result set as a JavaBeans component in JDBC java.
Java JDBC – Difference Between Row Set and Result Set.
|A Row Set object can be serialized.||It cannot be serialized.|
|You can pass a Row Set object over the network.||ResultSet object cannot be passed other over the network.|