To install a specific version, we can use the @ notation. This will run the installer, and it should end with a success notice in your terminal. However, even though this installed PHP, it didn’t change our running instance yet. So if we run the php -v command, we might still see a different version like PHP 7.3.
How do I use a different version of PHP on Mac?
- Install Command Line Tools. Get Xcode from the App Store (it’s free) …
- Install Homebrew. Homebrew is a nice and easy package manager for OS X. …
- Use Homebrew to install the PHP versions you need. …
- Prepare Apache. …
- Define VirtualHosts. …
- Configure local DNS. …
- Assign a PHP version to each VirtualHost.
How do I install a specific version of PHP?
How to install a custom version of PHP
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Make sure you’re in your user’s home directory by running the following command: [server]$ cd ~
- In a browser, visit the following link to choose your desired version of PHP. …
- Click the . …
- Make sure to check your downloaded file’s checksum.
How do I change my default PHP on Mac?
- Open your Terminal / Commandline and type in: vim ~/.bashrc.
- Then press “i” to get into edit-mode (if there shows up a problem before that, because of a swap file, then press “E” to edit the file anyway)
- Add the following line (change the path as needed): alias php=”/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.10/bin/php”
How do I switch between PHP versions?
You can do sudo update-alternatives –config php to set which system wide version of PHP you want to use. This makes your command line and apache versions work the same. You can read more about update-alternatives on the man page.
Where is homebrew PHP installed?
Brew installs into /usr/local/Cellar so you can add the following to your ~/. bash_alias or ~/. profile .
How do I download and install PHP?
How to Install PHP
- Step 1: Download the PHP files. You’ll need the PHP Windows installer. …
- Step 2: Extract the files. …
- Step 3: Configure php. …
- Step 4: Add C:php to the path environment variable. …
- Step 5: Configure PHP as an Apache module. …
- Step 6: Test a PHP file.
How do I select PHP version in cPanel?
Change the PHP Version on Your Sites
- Login to cPanel.
- Click the MultiPHP Manager link in the Software section of cPanel.
- Check the box for the site or sites you wish to update.
- Select the desired PHP Version from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Apply button.
How can I use older version of PHP in Xampp?
Steps to change port:
- Change the config file for the MySQL in “my. ini” file.
- Change the port to 3307.
- Run the code: PHP. …
- Save the above code in “htdocs” folder of the XAMPP folder for the new and older version.
- Save in “htdocs” folder of the XAMPP folder.
- Similarly with XAMPP_1_8_2.
Is PHP already installed on Mac?
Both PHP and Apache are free open source software programs and both come installed on all Macs. PHP is server-side software, and Apache is the most widely used web server software.
What version of PHP do I have Mac terminal?
- Go to File > Preferences > User Settings > Settings.json.
- Change the value of php. validate. executablePath according to the installed directory of php7. “php.validate.executablePath”: “/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.14/bin/php”
- Relaunch VM Code.
How do I uninstall old version of PHP?
“remove all php versions ubuntu” Code Answer
- $ sudo apt-get purge php7. *
- $ sudo apt-get autoclean.
- $ sudo apt-get autoremove.
What is the current PHP version?
|Designed by||Rasmus Lerdorf|
|Developer||The PHP Development Team, Zend Technologies|
|First appeared||June 8, 1995|
|Stable release||8.1.0 / 25 November 2021|