The “spool” command is used within SQL*Plus to direct the output of any query to a server-side flat file. SQL> spool /tmp/myfile.lst. Becuse the spool command interfaces with the OS layer, the spool command is commonly used within Oracle shell scripts.
What is database spool?
1. 1. SQL loader is a tool to load data into a database, not to get data out. You can change the query to get data in the exact format you want and then use SPOOL, which is a SQLPLUS command to print data to a file.
How do you run a spool?
In order to execute the Spool, you’ll need to run it as a script (for example, if you are using Oracle SQL Developer, you may press F5 to run the Spool as a script). Your CSV file will then get created at your specified path.
What is spool function?
The function of the spool is to move within the sealed case and provide the function of either blocking or opening these ports depending on the position of the spool.
What is spool in SQL Developer?
when we spool from Oracle Sql Developer , then the reference path of the query required as given in the specified example.
How do I spool in mysql?
For the Oracle SQLPlus spool command, there is no equivalent in the mysql command line client. To get output from the mysql command line client saved to a file, you can have the operating system redirect the output to a file, rather than to the display. In Unix, you use the > symbol on the command line.
Where is the spool file created Oracle?
2 Answers. Spool is a client activity, not a server one; the . lst file will be created on the machine that SQL Developer is on, not the server where the database it’s connecting to resides. You can spool to a specific directory, e.g. spool c:windowstemptest.
How do I spool a text file in Oracle?
Use the spool: spool myoutputfile. txt select * from users; spool off; Note that this will create myoutputfile.
How do I stop query in spool?
So, to avoid this, place all the script code into one . sql file, and execute that entire file by giving @filename. sql in either “sql command prompt” or in “Dos prompt by logging into sql from Dos”.
What is spool piece?
A pipe spool refers to a section of a piping system that is prefabricated as smaller segments with flanges and fittings. Pipe spools are often prone to corrosion due to their exposure to the elements, water and other natural electrolytes.
How do you spool in SQL Excel?
Export SQL Results To Excel Using SQLPLUS
- Step 1: Login into database using SQL PLUS.
- Step 2: Set markup using below command. SET MARKUP HTML ON.
- Step 3: Spool the output to a file. SPOOL C:TEMPMYOUTPUT.XLS.
- Step 4: Run your SQL Query. …
- Step 5: Set the Spool Off.
- Step 6: Open the output XLS file to view the output.
How do I redirect output to a file in SQL?
- If you want to save the results in a txt file, you can do this in SSMS. Go to Tools>Options:
- Select the option Result to file:
- Create a query and execute the query. …
- The result saved are the following:
- SQLCMD. …
- PowerShell. …
- Import/Export Wizard in SSMS. …
- You will open the SQL Server Import and Export wizard:
Can not create spool file?
Cause: The STORE command was unable to create the specified file. There may be insufficient disk space, too many open files, or read-only protection on the output directory. Action: Check that there is sufficient disk space and that the protection on the directory allows file creation.
What is spool Linux?
1. Purpose. /var/spool contains data which is awaiting some kind of later processing. Data in /var/spool represents work to be done in the future (by a program, user, or administrator); often data is deleted after it has been processed.
Can we use spool in procedure?
6 Answers. spool is a sqlplus command. it cannot be used in pl/sql.