How do I swap values between two rows in SQL?
A Simple, Scalable Solution
- You can do two-row swaps, many-row swaps, and copies. It’s flexible.
- Specify as many destination/source row pairs as needed. …
- Specify the columns you want to be copied over. …
- There’s no temporary table to clean up.
- It’s easy to reuse since the row IDs are listed in a single, obvious place.
How do you swap two tables in SQL?
Create a temporary table with the values as same as the table T1 values. Then update the name column of table T1 with name column value of table T2 . Then update the name column of table T2 with name column value of the temp table. After updating both the tables, drop the temp table.
How do you switch columns in SQL?
To change the column order
- In Object Explorer, right-click the table with columns you want to reorder and click Design.
- Select the box to the left of the column name that you want to reorder.
- Drag the column to another location within the table.
How do you change values in SQL?
How to Swap Column Values in SQL
- create table coordinates ( x integer, y integer ); insert into coordinates (x, y) values (5, 12); select * from coordinates;
- update coordinates set x = y, y = x; select * from coordinates;
- update coordinates set x = (@temp := x), x = y, y = @temp;
How can I swap two values in the same column in Oracle?
Interchange the Values of 2 Columns
- Alter table employee and add a new column TEMP_NAME to it.
- Update the values of LAST_NAME to TEMP_NAME.
- Update the LAST_NAME with the values of FIRST_NAME.
- Update the FIRST_NAME with the values of TEMP_NAME.
- Drop the column TEMP_NAME.
What is decode function in SQL?
What is DECODE function in SQL? In Oracle, DECODE function allows us to add procedural if-then-else logic to the query. DECODE compares the expression to each search value one by one. If expression is equal to a search, then the corresponding result is returned by the Oracle Database.
How do you swap values in the same column in SQL?
To swap two columns, we can apply the below swapping logic.
- Add both values and store them into the first column.
- Subtract the first column’s value from the second and store it into the second column.
- Subtract the first column’s value from the updated second column and store it into the first.
How do I interchange columns in MySQL?
phpMyAdmin provides a GUI for this within the structure view of a table. Check to select the column you want to move and click the change action at the bottom of the column list. You can then change all of the column properties and you’ll find the ‘move column’ function at the far right of the screen.
What is trigger in SQL?
A SQL trigger is a database object which fires when an event occurs in a database. We can execute a SQL query that will “do something” in a database when a change occurs on a database table such as a record is inserted or updated or deleted. For example, a trigger can be set on a record insert in a database table.
Can we change column name in SQL?
It is not possible to rename a column using the ALTER TABLE statement in SQL Server. Use sp_rename instead. To rename a column in SparkSQL or Hive SQL, we would use the ALTER TABLE Change Column command.
How can I change SQL name?
To rename a column in MySQL the following syntax is used: ALTER TABLE table_name RENAME COLUMN old_column_name TO new_column_name; This command is used to change the name of a column to a new column name.