How can I get total salary in SQL?
SELECT SUM(salary) AS “Total Salary” FROM employees WHERE salary > 25000; In this SQL SUM Function example, we’ve aliased the SUM(salary) expression as “Total Salary”. As a result, “Total Salary” will display as the field name when the result set is returned.
How is minimum salary calculated in SQL?
For example, you might wish to know the minimum salary of all employees. SELECT MIN(salary) AS “Lowest salary” FROM employees; In this SQL MIN function example, we’ve aliased the MIN(salary) field as “Lowest salary”. As a result, “Lowest salary” will display as the field name when the result set is returned.
How can I get top 2 salary in SQL?
select *from employee group by salary order by salary desc limit 1,1; There are other ways : SELECT name, MAX(salary) AS salary FROM employee WHERE salary IN (SELECT salary FROM employee MINUS SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee);
How can I get max 3 salary in SQL?
Query : select * from( select ename, sal, dense_rank() over(order by sal desc)r from Employee) where r=&n; To find to the 2nd highest sal set n = 2 To find 3rd highest sal set n = 3 and so on.
How does SUM work in SQL?
The SQL Server SUM() function is an aggregate function that calculates the sum of all or distinct values in an expression. In this syntax: ALL instructs the SUM() function to return the sum of all values including duplicates. ALL is used by default.
How do you calculate total salary for each employee table?
Display employee name,total salary of each employee(total salary=salary+commission)
- if commission is not NULL then total salary=(salary + commission)
- else total salary = salary ;
How can I get maximum salary?
SELECT * FROM employees WHERE salary = (SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employees WHERE department_id=30); Answer: The SQL SELECT statement that you have written will first determine the maximum salary for department 30, but then you select all employees that have this salary.
How do you find the second highest salary in SQL w3schools?
Second Maximum Salary in MySQL using LIMIT
SELECT Salary FROM (SELECT Salary FROM Employee ORDER BY salary DESC LIMIT 2) AS Emp ORDER BY salary LIMIT 1; In this solution, we have first sorted all salaries from the Employee table in decreasing order, so that the 2 highest salaries come at top of the result set.
How can I get top 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee; …
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id; …
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5; …
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
What is SQL limit?
The SQL LIMIT statement restricts how many rows a query returns. A LIMIT statement appears at the end of a query, after any ORDER BY statements. You can start a LIMIT statement at a particular row using the offset argument.
How do I find top 5 rows in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
What does limit 1 do in SQL?
The LIMIT clause can be used to constrain the number of rows returned by the SELECT statement. LIMIT takes one or two numeric arguments, which must both be nonnegative integer constants (except when using prepared statements).
What is rank and Dense_RANK in SQL?
RANK. It assigns the rank number to each row in a partition. It skips the number for similar values. Dense_RANK. It assigns the rank number to each row in a partition.
How do I count duplicate rows in SQL?
How to Find Duplicate Values in SQL
- Using the GROUP BY clause to group all rows by the target column(s) – i.e. the column(s) you want to check for duplicate values on.
- Using the COUNT function in the HAVING clause to check if any of the groups have more than 1 entry; those would be the duplicate values.