How do I find Top 10 data in SQL?
The SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) …
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *
How do I sum top 10 in SQL?
SQL SUM function to Calculate Sum of Top N Rows
- select. SUM(max_column_id_used) as total. …
- create table Orders ( OrderNo int identity(1,1), …
- declare @RandomNumber int. declare @i int = 100. …
- select. sum(Amount) as Total. …
- ;with cte as ( select top 10 Amount from Orders Orders order by OrderNo. …
- — either below. select top 1.
How do you find top 5 sales in SQL?
Assuming SQL Server, I might use: SELECT TOP(5) ProductID, SUM(Quantity) AS TotalQuantity FROM order_items GROUP BY ProductID ORDER BY SUM(Quantity) DESC; This returns the top 5 best-selling Products.
How do I get top 10 in MySQL?
To select first 10 elements from a database using SQL ORDER BY clause with LIMIT 10. Insert some records in the table using insert command. Display all records from the table using select statement. Here is the alternate query to select first 10 elements.
How do I get top 10 records in SQL Developer?
Returning TOP N Records
- Microsoft SQL Server SELECT TOP 10 column FROM table.
- PostgreSQL and MySQL SELECT column FROM table LIMIT 10.
- Oracle SELECT column FROM table WHERE ROWNUM <= 10.
- Sybase SET rowcount 10 SELECT column FROM table.
- Firebird SELECT FIRST 10 column FROM table.
What is aggregate function in SQL Server?
An aggregate function performs a calculation on a set of values, and returns a single value. Except for COUNT(*) , aggregate functions ignore null values. Aggregate functions are often used with the GROUP BY clause of the SELECT statement. All aggregate functions are deterministic.
What is partition by in SQL Server with example?
We get all records in a table using the PARTITION BY clause. It gives one row per group in result set. For example, we get a result for each group of CustomerCity in the GROUP BY clause. It gives aggregated columns with each record in the specified table.
How do you sum multiple rows in SQL?
SELECT SUM(column_name) FROM table_name WHERE condition;
- SQL SUM() function example – On a Specific column. …
- SUM() function On multiple columns. …
- SQL SUM() with where clause. …
- SQL SUM() EXAMPLE with DISTINCT. …
- SQL SUM function with GROUP BY clause.
How do you calculate top 3 salary in SQL?
To Find the Third Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query,
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 3 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
How do you write a query to get product IDS contributing to top 80% sales?
select p. * from (select p. *, sum(sales) over (order by sales desc) as running_sales, sum(sales) over () as total_sales, from products ) p where running_sales – sales < 0.8 * total_sales; This returns the product that reaches or first exceeds 80% of the total sales.
Which of the following queries will you use to extract only the top 10 items in a descending order from a data table?
If you want to see the top 10 products, we can use the SQL TOP Clause and extract the required number of rows.
How do you top in MySQL?
The SQL TOP clause is used to limit the number of rows returned. Its basic syntax is: SELECT TOP number | percent column_list FROM table_name ; Here, column_list is a comma separated list of column or field names of a database table (e.g. name, age, country, etc.)
How can I see all MySQL databases?
To list all databases in MySQL, execute the following command: mysql> show databases; This command will work for you whether you have Ubuntu VPS or CentOS VPS. If you have other databases created in MySQL, they will be listed here.
How do I sort by ascending in SQL?
The ORDER BY statement in SQL is used to sort the fetched data in either ascending or descending according to one or more columns.
- By default ORDER BY sorts the data in ascending order.
- We can use the keyword DESC to sort the data in descending order and the keyword ASC to sort in ascending order.