SELECT SUM(salary) AS “Total Salary” FROM employees WHERE salary > 25000; In this SQL SUM Function example, we’ve aliased the SUM(salary) expression as “Total Salary”. As a result, “Total Salary” will display as the field name when the result set is returned.
How do I get the sum of a row in SQL?
The aggregate function SUM is ideal for computing the sum of a column’s values. This function is used in a SELECT statement and takes the name of the column whose values you want to sum. If you do not specify any other columns in the SELECT statement, then the sum will be calculated for all records in the table.
How do I sum a column in SQL Server?
SELECT SUM(column_name) FROM table_name WHERE condition;
- SQL SUM() function example – On a Specific column. …
- SUM() function On multiple columns. …
- SQL SUM() with where clause. …
- SQL SUM() EXAMPLE with DISTINCT. …
- SQL SUM function with GROUP BY clause.
Where do we use sum function in SQL?
The Sum function totals the values in a field. For example, you could use the Sum function to determine the total cost of freight charges. SELECT Sum(UnitPrice * Quantity) AS [Total Revenue] FROM [Order Details]; You can use the Sum function in a query expression.
How do I sum all columns in SQL?
The SQL AGGREGATE SUM() function returns the SUM of all selected column. Applies to all values. Return the SUM of unique values. Expression made up of a single constant, variable, scalar function, or column name.
How do you find the sum total of a column in a query result set?
Add a Total row
- Make sure that your query is open in Datasheet view. To do so, right-click the document tab for the query and click Datasheet View. …
- On the Home tab, in the Records group, click Totals. …
- In the Total row, click the cell in the field that you want to sum, and then select Sum from the list.
How do I sum in MySQL?
The MySQL sum() function is used to return the total summed value of an expression. It returns NULL if the result set does not have any rows.
Following are the syntax of sum() function in MySQL:
- SELECT SUM(aggregate_expression)
- FROM tables.
- [WHERE conditions];
How do I sum two column values in SQL?
“how to sum two columns value in sql” Code Answer
- SELECT ID, SUM(VALUE1 + VALUE2)
- FROM tableName.
- GROUP BY ID.
- –or simple addition.
How do you use sum?
Select a cell next to the numbers you want to sum, click AutoSum on the Home tab, press Enter, and you’re done. When you click AutoSum, Excel automatically enters a formula (that uses the SUM function) to sum the numbers. Here’s an example.
How do you calculate total cost in SQL?
SELECT sale. quantity*item. price as TOTAL FROM item,sale WHERE item. product_id=sale.